Belly fat can be very frustrating to deal with. It often seems to come out of nowhere as we get older. The first thought that comes to mind is that you just have to hit the gym a little more often and eat a little healthier. But the more you try to get rid of belly fat, the more you realize how hard it can be – especially as we get older.
These struggles with belly fat are a fairly common complaint for patients who eventually turn to Life Studios to seek help with this problem. For many, even small pockets of hard-to-target fat can wreak havoc on their self-esteem. Even if they exercise regularly, patients in such circumstances just don’t feel very athletic. Perhaps the most frustrating part has to do with the limitations when it comes to using fashion as a form of self-expression.
If you’re tired of struggling with hard-to-target belly fat, Life Studios can help. Let’s take a look at the core of this issue and how we can work with you to help you reclaim your body and self-confidence.
Why Belly Fat Occurs
Weight and belly fat are largely determined by how you balance the calories you eat with the energy you burn. However, genetics and aging also play a role.
For example, some patients who visit Life Studios for belly fat treatments complain about how they could eat virtually anything when they were younger and not gain an ounce of weight. Now, even as they count calories and exercise regularly, they just can’t seem to chisel out a flat belly. There’s good reason for this: our hormonal balance and metabolism change as we age.
This problem is an even bigger issue for women who may end up gaining significant weight due to pregnancy and may be simply unable to lose the excess belly fat afterward.
But there are other factors at work:
- Muscle mass tends to become depleted as we age. This is a big deal because muscle mass is related to metabolism and how many calories we burn. The less muscle mass you have, the fewer calories your body burns, the more belly fat accumulates.
- Women experience a decrease in estrogen levels as they age. As ovarian estrogen production decreases, cortisol becomes a more dominant hormone, influencing where fat is distributed by the body.
- Men experience a decrease in testosterone levels as they age. This decrease results in reduced muscle mass and slower metabolism, leading to an undesired fat distribution.
- Stress and cortisol levels play a large role for both men and women.
- Finally, obstructed breathing resulting in snoring can increase the body’s cortisol levels, and lead to belly fat.
All of these factors can make it more challenging to maintain a healthy weight and impact self-confidence.
Treating Belly Fat
When patients visit Life Studios for belly fat treatments, our expert providers can assist in multiple ways, including lifestyle guidance and minimally-invasive treatments. Let’s consider the lifestyle changes first:
- Diet and exercise are the cornerstones of decreasing belly fat. A largely plant-based diet helps to decrease the belly fat distribution – not to mention the healthy nutrients and antioxidants that keep you healthy.
- Frequent small meals, with protein at each meal, help to maintain a feeling of fullness while providing consistent blood sugar levels.
- Good quality sleep is also helpful.
- Finally, hydration is important, as the body can mistake dehydration for hunger, causing you to overeat.
Minimally-Invasive Belly Fat Solutions
To help patients lose belly fat with no down time, Life Studios offers treatments with state of the art devices like SculpSure. In fact, we are the first office in Roseville, Granite Bay, or Rocklin to offer SculpSure.
SculpSure is one of the newest FDA-cleared treatments to get rid of belly fat with no down time. At the core of this technology is the use of lasers that target fat cells and heat them up to the point of irreversible damage.
Once the damage occurs, the body removes the fat cells via the lymphatic system, causing a decrease in belly fat.