Sagging neck and décolletage are the least-discussed topics when it comes to anti-aging skin care. More often than not, our society focuses on addressing wrinkles and facial volume loss. However, age-related changes in the appearance of the neck and décolletage can significantly alter your appearance. To help you address these issues, Life Studios offers a number of anti-aging treatments that can help boost skin elasticity and improve skin texture.
The neck plays a very important role in how we look. It is often the first visible sign of aging. For example, it provides a contour that indirectly gives definition to the chin and the lower jaw. Unfortunately, the skin in the neck can lose elasticity as we age due to a number of factors, including UV damage and lack of proper hydration. Further, the appearance of sagging neck skin can be more dramatic because this part of the body is often an afterthought in a daily skin care routine – people just forget to apply moisturizers and sunscreens to it.
Another change that happens with age is the accumulation of fat under the chin and in the neck. This often happens due to age or pregnancy-related shifts in hormones and can be virtually impossible to target through diet and exercise alone.
Unfortunately, the loss of skin elasticity and an increase in fat deposits can have a big impact on how we look by effecting changes in the natural contours of the neck. Further, this loss of contour has another interesting effect – it makes the individual appear heavier than they really are.
The décolletage also experiences a number of age related changes.
- Wrinkles/Crepey Skin: Lack of proper moisture and breakdown in the collagen support network can cause the décolletage to develop visible wrinkles. Further, skin texture may be affected, creating a rough or crepey appearance.
- Skin Pigmentation: Damage from UV radiation in sun rays doesn’t just contribute to collagen breakdown, but can also cause the development of skin pigmentation (also called age spots, brown spots, or liver spots).
Treatments for Sagging Neck and Décolletage
To help patients address sagging neck and décolletage issues, your Life Studios provider may suggest a number of treatments customized to your needs. Let’s take a closer look at some of the more common approaches.
- Skin Care Routine: Tightening the skin may involve the use of topical creams that have been proven to reduce skin damage. This can slow the progression of age-related changes in elasticity and protect your skin against additional UV damage. Additionally, a solid skin care routine can infuse your skin with moisture and vital nutrients.
- Ultherapy: Using ultrasound waves, Ultherapy treatments can stimulate collagen growth and strengthen existing collagen fibers. This will boost skin elasticity, improve neck contours, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the décolletage. This “lunchtime facelift” involves no downtime. Learn More
- Retinol Products: To address hyperpigmentation on the neck or décolletage, your Life Studios provider may suggest the use of professional retinol products. This will improve skin cycle efficiency and gradually lighten dark spots by promoting exfoliation.
When you visit Life Studios for sagging neck or décolletage treatments, one of the first things you will notice is the high level of commitment our providers have to your aesthetic goals. We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Instead, we take the time to develop a treatment plan based on your unique needs and goals.
Working with a Life Studios provider for sagging neck or décolletage treatments empowers you to reach your goals in a compassionate, patient-centric environment. You’re in control.
Give us a Call!
The expert providers at Life Studios are here to help you. Just give us a call at (916) 797-1878, or use the contact form to send us a note.